Alumni Connect - Data Protection
This statement sets out who we are, what we do with your data and how you can update your information and preferences and your rights under the Data Protection (1998).
Sheffield Hallam University's Development and Alumni Relations team offer 'Alumni Connect', which exists to maintain and manage the ongoing relationship between the University and its alumni (former students) following graduation. We will contact you for the following purposes:
- to promote benefits and services on offer to Sheffield Hallam alumni, as well as alumni of the Polytechnic and the founding colleges
- to promote career information relevant to Sheffield Hallam alumni
- to offer tailored email updates, including newsletters, event invitations, notifications of reunions and celebratory anniversaries
- to invite you to participate or 'give back' online or on campus through alumni profiles, guest speaking, student support (mentoring, placements etc.)
- through bespoke University fundraising activities
To enable the University to maintain accurate records of successfully graduating students and to enable us to report on and engage our alumni, we hold the following information:
- Core student enrolment and award data including name, date of birth, gender, student number, HESA number, degree award details, involvement in student societies/activities (where declared), contact details as at time of leaving the university
- Destination of Leavers of Higher Education (DLHE) survey responses (unless you opted to not share this at the time of completing the survey) including job title, company, salary
- Details updated via Alumni Connect including contact details and preferences, relationships with other alumni/current students (where declared), interests, alumni survey responses, attendance/participation at university events. Also, details updated via SHU Alumni Connect - Sheffield Business School's bespoke alumni platform
- Insight data from other sources for the purposes of data cleansing. intelligence and analytics
We do not share data with or sell data to third parties.
For more on the University's main Data Protection policies, please see http://www.shu.ac.uk/about/foi/data.html
Updating your information with Alumni Connect
To update your information with us online, you will need to be registered on the University's alumni portal, Alumni Connect. Please see here for Terms & Conditions of use of the site.
If you wish to update any of the information that is held about you on the Sheffield Hallam University alumni database, but do not wish to register online with Alumni Connect, please e-mail your request to email@example.com
To update your contact preferences, please do so via our online form
Under the Data Protection Act (1998), you have the right to remove your details from our contact lists. To do this, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your details will be removed within one month of receiving a written request from you.